The Department of Surgery encourages your comments on our blogs and social media pages. To provide a healthy and vibrant community, we would like all participants to adhere to the following rules and guidelines.
- Anything posted on this site is NOT meant to replace the advice of a doctor. If you are dealing with a life threatening situation, please consult your physician or call 911 immediately.
- All comments or posts on this site should be honest, in good taste, and respectful.
- Any posts or comments that commercially advertise an unaffiliated organization or unendorsed partner of the Columbia University Department of Surgery are not allowed.
- Any violation of comment policies will result in the comment being removed. Multiple or egregious offenses of this policy will result in the offending party being blocked from the blog site.
- Although we will try to reply comments where warranted, it is suggested that you contact the Columbia University Department of Surgery Office of External Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require specific follow up on an issue.
- To make this site helpful to this who are looking for credible information, any comment or information posted on this site should, where applicable, have attribution or references to identify any statement or claim’s correctness and authenticity. This will help prevent the spread of misinformation.
Posts and comments are reviewed by non-medical personnel on a weekly basis.