While we are not affiliated with any of the sites or organizations listed below, we feel that the service, support, information and help that they provide for the ostomy community at large is invaluable.
- International Ostomy Association – Dedicated to helping ostomates worldwide
- United Ostomy Associations of America – National organization with over 340 state and local affiliated support groups, which can be found here.
- European Ostomy Association
- Asia South Pacific Ostomy Association
- Ostomy Association of the Americas
- Ostomy Canada Society
- Australian Councial of Stoma Associations
Other Dedicated Colostomy/Ostomy Organizations
- Colostomy Association (UK) – “The Colostomy Association is a UK registered charity representing the interests of people with a colostomy.”
- Ostomy Lifestyle (UK) – “Ostomy Lifestyle is a UK charity that was established in 2007. We provide support, advice and information to anyone affected by stoma surgery on their bowel or urinary system.”
- Sonora Ostomy Support Group (California) – “Sonora Ostomy Support Group meets the second Thursday of each month (5:30PM – 7PM) in a lovely Sierra mountain setting at Sonora Regional Medical Center. We welcome any ostomates that might want to attend our group. Call 209-536-3283 or email email@example.com “
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse Referral
- The Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society – This is a professional nurses society that has certified over 6500 nurses worldwide in this specialized field. If you are interested in the services of an ostomy nurse you can visit the following page on their website to find the location of a WOC nurse in your area. http://www.wocn.org/?page=Nurse_Referral
Ostomy User Forums
Want to connect with others going through a similar experience, share stories, ask for help or advice with a particular issue? User forums are a great resource and a valuable reminder that you are not alone in what you are going through. Two of the more active forums:
Donating Colostomy Supplies
Have you built up a collection of surplus colostomy supplies that you are never going to use? Instead of throwing them away you could donate them to others in need. Read more about donating your unused supplies for ideas and links to organizations who will put your excess supplies to good use.
(If you have an organization or site that is not on our list, or cannot be found using any of the above sites, please contact us with your details so that we can add it.)